Sunday, April 4, 2010

Heaven is not on earth (a birthday reflection)

I will be officially 25 in few days time. I have reflected for the past weeks a lot, not necessarily related to this, but somehow it's connected. Yesterday, I was almost hit by a car. I was calling my friend and did not see the traffic light is red for pedestrian. I just crossed the road happily and realized only after a car honked at me. Fiuh, luckily I was safe. I really thanked God for letting me pass that moment.

It is also related to what I have reflected previous week. Everytime a Christian celebrates birthday, the first sentence is "I thank God that I have been living for xx years". Not that I'm not thankful enough, but I'm afraid that I really love "the world" that I do not want death/heaven more than this earth. The heaven is not on earth! Many Christians try to make earth as their heaven. May be I too do not miss heaven as I'm very comfortable here.

As I'm turning to 25, may I struggle more than I should. My struggle is that I never struggle enough, in working life, ministry, family, calling, life partner. These few days or weeks have been very blessing since I reflected a lot, but not all of them I can remember.

No comments: